By M and L
Before we stop noticing, these are things that seemed extraordinary and are now normal:
Eating with the right hand
Crossing roads without zebra crossings or traffic lights
Animals on the street
Liking dosas and lassis
Food on banana leaves
Curries and spicy food
Not trusting walls or fences
Noise all the time
No seat belts (although sometimes there are)
People pinching my cheeks
Having to put up with photos
Temples
People speaking in different languages
Auto-rickshaws and shared jeeps
Being sick on trains
Travelling (not staying more than 2 weeks anywhere, usually a few days)
Not having the rest of family and friends around
Trying not to fight
Not fiddling with aircon (it’s so tempting…)
Looking out for each other
Squat loos and no loo paper
this was very interesting to read, I liked that. Here I am having my lunch sandwiches at my desk laid out on boring cling film. Not a single banana leaf in sight. Maybe I should pinch a leaf of my room plant just to see what it's like? Greetings from rainy Berlin,
ReplyDeleteMarianne