Friday, 8 April 2011

Birthday fun, nothing to be done!

Darjeeling, April 7th 2011
L: I’m seven! Well, I woke up on a train at 6 am and mum and dad plus W came to sit on my matrasse to say “Happy birthday”.  It felt absolutely bazaar to be seven on a train at 6 am In the morning. We arrived at the staition and were joined by about 12 begger children wanting food and water. So we bought them a packet of Time Pass crackers and a packet of Little Heart biscuits for ourselves because there was no breakfast to be had.
We went to the pre-paid taxi stand but then discided we didn’t want one so the jeep drivers  started crowding around us and saying “you want jeep?” because everyone go’s in jeeps up mountains. We discided that we would have the best jeep and the cheepist jeep.
We started up on the road at alarmingly high speed bumping along and we saw our first sight of the toy train track and then started up the mountain, we were nearly pushed over the side but it only felt like that. We stopped for a break at a trucker’s stop and the three Wolflings had a minute maid squash plus WM and WD had a sugary cup of tea. The next part of the journey was more tedious than ever because we were all soooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired and impaitiont to get there. I crashed out on mum’s lap and that disappeared most of the journey for me.
When I woke up we were practicly in Darjeeling. The traffic is mado and it is very polluted, though not like Delhi.  We arrived at Hotel Dekeling and we had to climb seven flights of stairs, but it was worth it. Our rooms really nice and we’ve got an amazing view of mountainside. On a clearer day you can see the third highest mountain in the world- but we haven’t seen that yet. Also you can see Everest if your lucky at a particular spot.
About 20 minutes after we arrived, we met this four-year old maniac called George who tried to make us eat this weird chicken crisp thingy-me jig. I don’t know why he did this thing to me, George picked me up and dropped me on the lego- which rather HURT! After that I got a bit fed up with George so I went and drew a piture with Holly.  Then I went up to George’s room to play domminos with his mum.
We went to have breakfasty-lunch and I had cornflakes, momos, orange juice, and Tibetan bread.it was yummy and the food came quick.  We opened my birthday presents (mum and dad hadn’t forgotten). They were a travelling hammock, a notebook for writing stories, a marble elephant, a Simpson DVD, some yellow sunglasses, a very special Tibetan scarf, and a Tin-Tin in Tibet comic.  I liked my presents a lot.  The best ones was the Tin-Tin comic and the map and the elephant.
Next we went for a little trundle around town. We saw the post office and a few trekking places and then we went to Café Coffee Day and mum and dad had a coffee (so W could use the toilet as he was desperate). After our walk we went back, watched a bit of Tomb Raider and bounced around a bit more with George.
A few hours later we went out for birthday supper at Glennary’s and I had rice and tandoori chicken and roti. After we had eaten mum went down to the bakery, I didn’t know what she was getting, but...............IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY CAKE (7 muffins with candles)! I shared my cake with everyone, including George, then we went home and went to bed. It was a memorable birthday because I was up in the mountains and it was really different to a normal birthday. Thank you everyone for the birthday emails and texts. I can’t wait till I get home and can see you all. Well better say goodbye. See you soon.
[WM: just factually – we didn’t go for the cheapest jeep and we didn’t nearly fall off the mountainside – and I disagree that Darjeeling’s really polluted because I’m enjoying the mountain air....But it’s lovely to have such a gorgeous and funny and clever seven year old daughter who can write her own blogs!]

No comments:

Post a Comment