Thursday, 3 February 2011

Boys' Day

Boys’ Day
By W
After National Girl Child Day here in India, W has spontaneously announced a house-wide Boys’ Day…Maybe he’s in need of a little appreciation?
“It’s Boys’ Day today (‘cos it’s Friday!) so L is wearing my clothes (she’s wearing my dinosaur T-shirt) and I’m in my own clothes.  M is wearing jeans and a jumper. She hasn’t even bitten her nails for a long time and neither have I.  L wants to be a boy.  We all speak like boys, “Oh yeah!” so a bit like Sam.
There are parades on Boys’ Day.  Later we’re going to do a parade.  And when we got up, we sang a Boys’ Day song.  “It’s b-b-b-b-boy day!”
It’s great being a boy ‘cos you wear trainers and caps.  That’s some of the things you wear.  Playing football is good ‘cos I’ve got my own new goalie in Beckley.  You get a hairy chest.  Dad what else is good being a boy?  He says liking Airfix models.
Mum says boys are great.  But so are girls.
“B-b-b-b-b-boys’ day!
When we go all the way to the top of N’s house in Delhi (it’s very tall and it’s got a roll-back roof at the top) you can see a long way and lots of aeroplanes.  We have a balcony and we can see a cow and a buffalo. Do you know why they’re drying out cow pats? They use the cow pats for cooking.  We’re right under the fly-past. I see Spice Jet and Kingfisher and I also see IndiGo aeroplanes.  We came to Delhi on a Spice Jet plane.  We landed in Delhi airport.
It’s really fun being here on the roof top.  Me and mum are writing the blog right now.  M is doing work and L is doing work.  Daddy, what are you doing?  Are you doing work too?  I were doing work but now I’m eating a biscuit. Daddy can I have another biscuit?
 I’ve just finished my ‘I am fantastic’ book. (W says he’s fantastic because – ‘I can write my name, I can count up to 20, I can eat a huge doughnut, I can jump up really high, I can make great Lego models, I can share my things with the others, I can make good friends, I can do dinosaur stencils and know all their names, I can swim right across the swimming pool, I can wee standing up, I can walk for miles ’)
It’s very fun in India.  We went altogether to the Five Senses Garden yesterday.   I loved it because we went to a playground and there were lots of sticks. 
What are you all doing?”

No comments:

Post a Comment