A shared poem by M, L, W and WM, 8th Feb 2011.
M: There was a HUGE thunder storm last night that started very suddenly. Mum and Dad had to run out onto the balcony to rescue the washing and the chairs, and in doing so , got drenched. Here is a poem about last night’s events. Enjoy! (Indra is the Hindu God of weather and King of Devas, by the way)
I woke up,
I could hear the sky falling on my head,
Pelting rain on the rooftop,
Wind gusts slamming on the windows,
Lightning lighting up the night sky outside like a camera flash.
It was a violent storm that ripped in from the mountains,
Dressed in a big, swirling, black-violet cloak,
With an orchestra playing,
Cymbals and drums building to a crescendo,
Stealing the washing,
Squalling through the house,
The rain driving in under the doors and down the gurgling drains.
Next morning, I woke again,
The storm was gone and it felt peaceful,
The earth smelt fresh,
A sea of muddy puddles outside,
The sky scrubbed clean blue –
Indra was content once more.
No comments:
Post a Comment